NGOs; and meeting with representatives of the World Bank to discuss distance learning training
3. My Right. Highlights from this past quarter include: Participating in the forum Consumer
International in Italy from June 9 13, 2002; training consumers on consumer rights in Mary,
Turkmenbashi, Bezmeyin; and publishing a quarterly newsletter in Turkmen and Russian.
4. Union of Pensioners Arma. Highlights from this past quarter include: Consulting on pensioners
issues provided on regular basis; providing medical services and for 45 50 pensioners on a weekly
basis; conducting a weekly meeting of the pensioners club; conducting 18 seminars on the
provision of pensions in Ashgabad; and hosting three roundtables on the issues of pensions, food
rationing, and diseases.
5. Shamchyrag Turkmen Association of Journalists on Social Partnership. Highlights from this past
quarter include: Completing the project "Economic knowledge to the journalists in the transitive
period for development of democracy"; submitting a proposal to develop affiliates in velayts
developed and submitted to the US Embassy Democracy Fund; and participating in international
seminars including one on "Journalism and Democracy" in Sweden.
6. NGO Family Mercy and Health. Highlights from this past quarter include: Conducting a summer
camp, with the NGO Hakimlik, for 30 children from vulnerable families; implementing
vocational training courses on sewing, dance and computers for children from poor and
vulnerable; providing ongoing psychological and juridical consultation for parents on a daily
basis; and publishing 30 newsletters and booklets.
7. NGO Keyik Okara. Highlights from this past quarter include: Hosting a meeting of the UNCHR
NIS working group on emigration, migration and repatriation; and conducting a PCA in
Babadurmaz which resulted in funding from the German Embassy for a tractor.
8. Social adaptation Center Umyt in Turkmenbashi city, Balkan. Highlights from this past quarter
include: Hosting two conference in April on How we can help to Kaspi and The protection of
environment for 79 participants from the local government and schools; hosting a roundtable on
The role of NGO in development Turkmenbashi city for 16 leaders of NGOs; organizing a
conference on Sustainable NGOs for 30 NGO participants; and conducting a training on basic
computer knowledge for 48 participants from NGOs and initiative groups.
9. Arzuw, Seydi City, Lebap. Highlights from this past quarter include: Organizing an art
competition of 26 schoolboys in April on the topic "Desert is our house"; conducting a moving
photo exhibition on the topic "Look back, stop, reflect", during which members prepared photo
albums about animal and flora nature of Turkmenistan and distributed them to three schools in
Seidi, seven children s gardens, and four schools Daihan of associations; participating in the
photo competition "How this world is perfect, save it" in Ashgabad; and initiating the project
"Ecology, Network on Periphery using the Internet to access materials and provide it to local
10. Medet, Turkmenabat City. Highlights from this past quarter include: Conducting a seminar on
Management of the small business ; and starting English language classes for a children's camp.
11. Amul, Turkmenabat City. Highlights from this past quarter include: Writing the script and
producing the documentary "The first step to service in your Homeland"; conducting an
exhibition among schoolboys of art on holiday topics such as the Day of the Horse, Teacher's
Day, and the Day of the Constitution of Turkmenistan, during which they raised 1,300,000
manats; and conducting the first meeting of the executive committee.
12. Ecological school of farmers. Highlights from this past quarter include: Publishing and
distributing seven newsletters and 15 booklets on the protection of plants to local farmers.
13. Sarygamysh, Turkmenbashi etrap, Dashoguz. Highlights from this past quarter include: Meeting
with community members to decide on the system of a payment for the delivery of drinking
water; and conducting PCAs in four communities of Turkmenbashy and Kunia Urgench etrap.
14. Triera, Dashoguz City. Highlights from this past quarter include: Providing regular Internet
access (2 hours per day) for beneficiaries; and providing physical therapy for hemophiliacs.