CHAPTER 2. HOW DO I USE WEBHOST MANAGER?
Installing a Perl module
Perl modules are a collection of Perl scripts that allow you to perform one or more functions. WebHost
Manager enables you to install a number of Perl modules if and when you require them.
To install a Perl module:
1. Click on the Install a Perl Module link in the Software menu.
2. Enter the name of the Perl module that you want to install in the available field and click on the
3. Click on the link to install the required Perl module.
Figure 2.102: Installing a Perl module
Updating server or system software
WebHost Manager provides you with the ability to update your server or system software or backend scripts
at any time. When activated, WebHost Manager will compare the current server and system software and
backend scripts against its list of upgrades kept on its upgrade server, and upgrades any older versions
To update your server software:
1. Click on the Update Server Software, Update System Software, or Update Backend Scripts
link in the Software menu.
2. A software status list is now displayed with any updates performed, if any.
Figure 2.103: Updating server software