CHAPTER 2. HOW DO I USE WEBHOST MANAGER?
The Software area deals with installing and updating server and system software on your server.
Installing an RPM
RPM (Red Hat Package Manager) is a common way of installing software on Red Hat Linux systems.
WebHost Manager enables you to install a large number of different packages, if and when required, and
re install them if a problem occurs.
To install an RPM:
1. Click on the Install a RPM link in the Software menu.
2. Click on the package that you want to (re)install.
3. Click on the Ignore Dependencies tick box if you want WebHost Manager to ignore any dependencies
that may occur during installation.
4. Click on the Force Install tick box if you are reinstalling a package.
5. Click on the Install button.
Figure 2.100: Reinstalling an RPM
Rebuilding the RPM database
The database that keeps track of your RPM (Red Hat Package Manager) installations can become corrupt.
You should only perform this function when technical support advises you that it is the correct course of
To rebuild the RPM database:
1. Click on the Rebuild RPM Database link in the Software menu.
2. Click on the Ok button.
Note: This procedure may take 1 30 minutes, depending on the speed of your machine.
Figure 2.101: Rebuilding the RPM database