2.12. DNS FUNCTIONS
CHAPTER 2. HOW DO I USE WEBHOST MANAGER?
The DNS Functions area manages all aspects of DNS, from parking a domain to adding a DNS zone.
Parking or pointing a domain
WebHost Manager enables you to park a domain on top of another domain, which effectively points all
HTTP and e mail traffic from the parked domain to the domain it is parked on top of.
To park or point a domain:
1. Click on the Park or Point a Domain link in the DNS Functions menu.
2. Enter the domain that you want traffic pointed to in the available field or click on the available domain
from the Domain to park on top of list..
3. Enter the domain that you want to park in the Domain to park field.
Example: You want to point all HTTP and e mail traffic from innovation.org.nz to business.org.nz.
Enter business.org.nz in the available field and innovation.org.nz in the Domain to park field.
4. Click on the Do it button.
Figure 2.80: Parking a domain
Unparking a domain
Unpark a domain when you want to use that domain for another purpose or need to park it on a different
To unpark a domain:
1. Click on the List Parked Domains link in the DNS Functions menu.
2. Click on the UnPark link next to the required domain.
Figure 2.81: Unparking a domain
Listing parked domains
You can list all domains that are parked on your server, sorted by the domains they are parked on top off.
You can use this list to add mail configuration to the primary domain's CPanel, which adds the domain so