To make sure the program installed correctly, see Checking Your
Installation on page 23.
Although we recommend that you use the Complete installation option
to install EndNote, the Custom installation option can be useful if you
are low on disk space or if you need to reinstall just certain EndNote
To do a new custom installation:
1. Follow the instructions for Installing the Demo Version on page
2. On the dialog titled Select Installation Type, select Custom.
3. When you get to the dialog titled Select Components, read the
section below, Selecting Components to determine what you
would like to select/deselect for installation.
NOTE: If the installer detects another copy of EndNote in the
destination folder, it gives you options to either backup or remove older
files during the installation. When doing a custom install, only selected
components are affected. For example, if you are installing only the
Anthropology styles, and you choose to remove older files, only the
older Anthropology styles are removed; no other part of the installation
To install components after EndNote 8 Demo is already installed:
1. Start the installation program as you would for a new installation.
2. On the Application Maintenance dialog, select the Modify option
and click Next.
3. When you get to the Select Components dialog, read the section
below, Selecting Components to determine what you would like
to select/deselect for installation.
There are several major categories of components that can be installed
The components you can select for installation include:
EndNote Demo Application
EndNote Demo Program
Chapter 2: Windows EndNote Installation