To uninstall EndNote:
1. Make sure no applications are running.
2. Start EndNote. Close open files, such as libraries, connections
files, filters, or styles.
3. From the EndNote menu, choose Customizer.
4. From the Component Selection list, select Uninstall.
5. Click Next.
6. Click Exit.
7. Drag the EndNote 8 folder to the trash.
To manually uninstall EndNote:
1. Start by dragging the entire EndNote 8 Demo folder to the trash.
2. To remove Cite While You Write files, delete these EndNote files
from Microsoft Word's Startup folder:
EndNote 8 CWYW Commands.dot
EndNote 8 CWYW Word X (Word X)
EndNote 8 CWYW Word 2004 (Word 2004)
3. To remove Manuscript Templates, delete the EndNote folder found
in the Microsoft Office (X or 2004):Templates folder.
4. To remove Reference Type definitions and other preferences,
delete the files found in the Users:[your folder]:Library:
Application Support:EndNote folder.
5. To remove the EndNote preference file, delete the
com.ThomsonResearchSoft.EndNote.plist file in the Users:[your
There may be several copies of the Users:[your folder]:
Library:Application Support:EndNote folder and the
com.ThomsonResearchSoft.EndNote.plist file; one for each user
Chapter 1: Macintosh EndNote Installation