One of the most popular form to e mail scripts available is FormMail, by Matt Wright. The script
can be setup very quickly, and provides a number of customization options. Because of
FormMail s popularity, we have included it as part of this documentation.
The following steps provide quick installation instructions for FormMail. Be sure to read the
FormMail README file for more detailed information about customizing FormMail.
To install FormMail:
1. Download the latest version of FormMail from
2. Open FormMail.pl in a text editor (such as NotePad).
3. Make sure the Perl path is set correctly. This information can be found on the CPanel
homepage. A typical path is: #!/usr/bin/perl
4. Make sure the Sendmail path is correct. This information can be found on the CPanel
homepage. A typical path is: /usr/lib/sendmail
5. Add you domain to the referrers. For example: @referers = ( www.mydomain.com ,
6. Alter @recipients, if required. A standard setting is: @recipients = @referers
7. Upload FormMail.pl to your cgi bin directory, and change the file permissions to 755.
8. Create the form on your web page, with the following fields:
type="hidden" name="recipient" value="firstname.lastname@example.org">
type="hidden" name="subject" value="Feedback from website">
9. Upload the web page and test the form.