Editing a file
Editing a pre existing file through File Manager allows you to make immediate changes to your
web site, without having to upload a new version of the file. This is useful for small changes, but
would be inefficient for large amounts of coding.
To edit a file:
1. Navigate to the folder where the file is located.
2. Click on the name of the file.
3. Click on the Edit File link in the top right corner of your window. This will open a new
window with the contents of the file displayed.
4. Alter the text of the file as you wish.
5. Click on the Save button when you have finished altering the file. The file has been saved
and any changes will take effect from now on.
Renaming a file or folder
You can quickly rename a file or folder if you originally labelled a file or folder with the wrong
name, or if the name needs to be updated. This is useful if a small number of files need to be
changed, since you do not need to upload any files for the changes to take effect, but inefficient
if you needed to rename your entire site.
To rename a file or folder:
1. Navigate to the file or folder.
2. Click on the Rename File link in the top right corner of your window.