4. Search for and double click on the first file to upload.
5. Repeat the above steps for each file you want to upload.
6. Click on the Upload button when you have finished selecting files. The status of the
upload will appear in the top right corner of your window. The contents of the folder is
displayed in the main area, including your uploaded files.
Creating a new file
For small text files it can be easier to create them online, rather than on your home computer
and uploading the file. You can create text files, such as HTML, PHP, or plain TXT, but not
To create a new file:
1. Navigate to the folder where you want to create your text file.
2. Click on the Create New File link.
3. Enter the name of the file to be created in the Create file named field in the top right
corner of your window. You do need to add the file extension to the name, for example
script.pl for a Perl script, not just script.
4. Select the type of document from the drop down list. Each type of file adds specific
information to the text file:
Text Document No text is added to the file.
HTML Document No text is added to the file.
Perl Script Automatically adds the path to Perl to the top of the file. Make sure
to double check that the path is correct.
Shell Script Automatically adds the path to the Shell executable to the top of
the file. Make sure to double check that the path is correct.
5. Click on the Create button. The file has now been created and the display updated to
show the new file. Refer to
Editing a file
to add text to these new files.